Browse F.A.Q. Topics
Will you have special online promotions or coupons?We plan on introducing special online promotions and coupons soon. Stay tuned.
Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) & Water Heater (WH)
Why Should I Consider Upgrading To a High Efficiency System?
- Older Furnaces and Boiler systems often have efficiencies in the range of 56%–70% AFUE, while more modern heating systems can achieve efficiencies as high as 98%. Older Heat Pumps and Air Conditioners systems can be as low as 5-6 SEER, while newer systems can reach up to 21 SEER. The higher the efficiency of your heating and cooling equipment the more energy is being converted to useful heat or cool your home
- Upgrading your Furnace, Heat Pump, Air Conditioner or Boiler system will significantly reduce your heating bills while also cutting down on your heating system's carbon dioxide emissions
- Increase the value of your home
- Heat your home more quickly and efficiently
How Often Should I Replace Or Clean My Air Filter?
Proper maintenance of your air filter will provide a more efficient and longer-lasting system as well as minimize the level of airborne particulates within your home. While a 1" filter is primarily designed to protect the equipment from large airborne particulates, other filters provide additional filtration and enhanced indoor air quality.Filters must be inspected, cleaned or replaced on a regular schedule. Improper maintenance can result in poor air distribution within the home, increased cost of operation, increased maintenance costs, and poor indoor air quality. You may use the guide bellow for most residential installations.
- Fiberglass or polyester 1" filters must be replaced/washed every 30 days
- Pleaded 1" filters must be replaced every 2-3 months
- Pleated 4" Media filters must be replaced every 6 months
- Electronic Air Cleaners must be cleaned every 3 to 4 months
- High Efficiency Air Purifiers must be replaced once a year
- Charcoal Filters; The function that the charcoal filters perform, is neutralizing odors and making the air smell fresher. While there is no rule of thumb for how often they should be changed, you can use your best judgment based on the odors you perceive in your house.(e.g. cooking odors, pet odors, cigar and cigarette odors, etc..) You will need to replace the charcoal filters more often if you have many odors, maybe 3 or 4 times a year
How Often Should I Have My Heating And Cooling System Serviced?
- For optimum performance it is recommended you have your comfort system serviced twice a year, preferably in the spring and fall. This will help ensure that your system runs efficiently during both, the heating and cooling seasons
- Here at Absolute Temp Control we offer Tune Up services which will ensure your system to run at optimum performance all year long
I love the design of your site, who can I contact about web design?You can contact email@example.com for any additional website design work.
Who do I contact about any issues with this website?You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org .